Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thing #13, Week 6

Tagging and Del.icio.us...

I love del.icio.us! I think it is probably the best site as far as productivity that I have learned about yet - or at least tied with my rss reader, which I love. I can see the benefits of having your bookmarks available at any computer that you use. I signed up to be part of a network, although I haven't joined any people yet. I plan to spend some time looking at what others are bookmarking and join their lead.

I have a very hard time with tagging still. Being a librarian, I need the rules and set words for a subject. I noticed that people had all sorts of crazy tags on the onesentence.com and it drove me crazy. Can't everyone just catalog with Sears? I need to learn to think outside of the box and learn ways to find what I'm looking for beyond the traditional search words. I also need to learn to tag with more than just one word to open up my posts as well.

No comments: