Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thing #2, Week 1

Life Long Learning...

For only a 14 minute slideshow, it took over an hour for me to finish the presentation on the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners. That brings me to the habit that I need to work on, viewing problems as challenges. My biggest challenge with any goal I have is time. Life is busy for all of us and I tend to put myself last and move everything else up to the front. I need to see that finishing the 23 things would be a great benefit to others around me, not just something for myself and I need to make time each day to work on the program.

The habit that comes easiest for me is having confidence in myself as a learner. I know I can do something if I put my mind to it. It is all of those other things (ie challenges) that get in the way of actually completing a goal.

I think the most important habit on the list is teaching/mentoring others. It is often said that you learn best when you teach others and that is so true for me. I look forward to being able to share with others around me all of the cool tricks that are a part of Web 2.0 and increase my learning along the way.

No comments: