Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing #7, Week 3

Technology Thoughts...

(Note to self - click on orange publish post button, not blue save now button!)

Okay, here is round two on my thoughts about technology. I did this once this morning but clicked save now and cannot find the post anywhere! I began my last post saying that most of my thoughts on technology contain words I shouldn't use at school and then this blog goes and proves my point! Technology can be a source of lots of frustration for me, but I do understand the need for technology and the need for me to understand it so that I can do my job better and be more efficient when helping students and teachers.

My favorite technology device is by far my digital camera. I love that I can take a picture and see it instantly, save hundreds of pictures on a little memory card, print pictures immediately at home, download pictures, order prints and have them mailed to my house without ever having to leave home. How cool is that!?! I'm on my second digital camera and often find myself wishing harm to it so that I can upgrade to the newest model that I know I need.

I'm learning quite a bit about ipods now. My daughter received an ipod for her birthday last year, then I purchased one for myself and my husband later in the year. I've set up playlists for each of us, downloaded music from CD's and itunes, and even figured out my daughter's idog. I want to learn to use my ipod more for podcasts and other things that I don't even know about yet. You can't find a kid on campus with some sort of mp3 player attached to their body and I know it is a piece of technology that isn't going to go away any time soon.

Our school just contracted out for a new website and I am very excited to work on that and create a funtional and informative library page. Websites are so powerful and I want to make mine a tool for students, parents and teachers alike. Our site is at www.norcohs.org, so if you have any suggestions on what I should add to my site, I'd love to hear from you. I want it to be fabulous and love the fact that it is easy to create.

My kids just got a new Wii and it is so fun. I have never been much of a video game person, but this is so fun and addictive! It amazes me so much and I've only played it a few times with them. This will be a fun piece of technology in our house that I look forward to learning more about.

Now I'm off to find another person's blog to comment on so that I can cross Thing #7 off of my list. Thanks to those of you who comment on mine... it's nice to know that there are people out there somewhere!

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

You have been B-U-S-Y! And you didn't let the technology beat you down (altho' perhaps it got you swearin' like a sailor). Your school website looks great. If you want to take a look at
one of mine
for ideas of things to add, be my guest.