Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thing #3, Week 2

Blog and Avatar...

I had actually set up my blog several weeks ago at the CSLA SS Region 6 Workshop at Redlands East Valley High School. Becky Johnston presented on zoho and writeboard and as I sat next to Jim Duke, he shared his cool blog that he had set up through google. I set up my account and the preliminary blog but had not done anything with it in the past month. Now, I look forward to adding some new posts and making it into something fun and informative.

I also had an avatar before starting the 23 Things. I have had yahoo mail for years and recently set up two email accounts for my kids. They discovered the avatars and made a nice bunny head for me last Easter. It took me awhile last night to figure out how to make my avatar a little more human-like and add it to my blog. And after many protests from my three year old who wanted to give my avatar a purple mohawk and a football (a strange combination from a girl...) I have created one that could pass as me - if you are standing 50 yards away and squinting!

So, I have blogged and I have an avatar - watch out Web 2.0... here I come!

3 comments:

IrmaPince said...

LOL at your 50 yds. away and squinint. Reminds me of a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta in which a character is said to pass for 50 -- in the dark with the light behind her.

NHS Librarian said...

Thanks, although I'm not sure I was joking! :o) There's no option for chubby avatars... if only we could all live in a perfect world like they do!

IrmaPince said...

Hey, there is a reason I'm using dear old Irma - no gray-haired wrinkled old crones in the avatar list.