Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thing #10, Week 5

Online Image Generator...


These are soooo cool! I never knew that there was a way to edit text on images and that it was so easy. I have seen altered images but thought that people put them into a photoshop-type program and edited that way, which always seemed like a lot of work. Once I got onto imagechef.com I had a blast! It is incredibly easy and fun to alter images to use for other things. I created a pennant for my school's webpage and uploaded it within a minute. That's what I call being productive.


I also visited comicstripgenerator.com and was shocked at the number of images available. There really is every image you could imagine. So cool, so easy, so my style of doing things! :o)


Kids would love to create images with tools like these. There are limitless possibilites - which is good and bad! I could see them focusing more on the image and less on the assignment, which means a time limit on these sites might need to be implemented depending on the nature of the lesson. A great Thing to be sure, and I've already told any human within earshot about image chef and forced them to create an image of their own.


3 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

It is fun to hear how much you are enjoying image generators. Isn't web 2.0 a blast???

Lots more cool tools in store.

IrmaPince said...

This is just about everyone's favorite area. It is so useful for creating eye-catching materials for the library.

Marie Slim said...

Imagechef.com is one of my favorites - and they seem to add new stuff all the time! Sorry to reveal your Perez Hilton affinity! :-)