Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing #9, Week 4

Locating blogs and/or news feeds...

I started with bloglines to find some more blogs to add to my reader and right away found two blogs that I wanted to add. The first was calcurriculum, a site that I have heard about but never found on my own. This site is going to be great (not that it isn't already) as more of us CSLA people finish up SLL 2.0 and begin to add our lessons and ideas to the site. The second site I added from bloglines was Marie Slim's blog. I really like the layout of her blog and want to take some ideas from it (thanks in advance, Marie!).

I checked out syndic8.com first but found it a little overwhelming as a place to begin searching for news feeds. It had flags and lots of different search bars and it was visually too much for me. I am a simple gal who prefers simple pages typically. Google blog search found librarian.net, another site I have heard about through various postings on calibk12 but had never visited on my own. Now I have it linked to my reader. The first story that came up was 10 reasons the recession is good for our sex lives (#4 was a resurgence of library sex - not good for those of us in school settings!). Currently, I have four friends expecting babies, so I think there is scientific support of this theory. :o) This story made me laugh a little bit and I knew it would be a good fit in my google reader.

I also linked the SLL 2.0 site from the Google blog search and cut myself off there. I can only keep up with so much information at a time. I liked the search tools to find feeds. I'll add these to del.ici.o.us when I get to that Thing.

2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

Now that was interesting research! Who even knew there was a category called library sex? I know the 600's are popular, but....

Marie Slim said...

Thanks for adding me to your bloglines - unfortunately I haven't posted lately. We've been fighting a library cut with our district. But I think we're winning! :-)