Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing #19, Week 8

Library Thing...

I had touched on Library Thing a few weeks ago at the Southern Section Workshop but I wasn't sure how I could use such a tool. I found out soon after that our school was having our website redesigned and my lightbulb turned on. With the new website, I wanted to create a page for new books, but I couldn't add thumbnail covers. But, I can link Library Thing to my webpage and have the kids browse there. What a great tool!

They could also find book recommendations - which is a dream come true for me!! That is always the hardest thing - which I blame on memory loss from four pregnancies - is to recommend books along the same lines. I can usually remember characters or plot, but titles and authors seem to roll right out of my ears. Library Thing does all of the work for me - yeah!

I've added five of my favorites (that I could remember) from years past and present on my Library Thing. I plan on transforming it into a new book list in the days ahead so I can get it linked to our webpage. Kids always want to know what is new and now I have an easy way to direct them to these books. I also plan on passing this site onto a few of my book lover teachers so that they can catalog their home collections. How fun would that be!?!

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

Glad you discovered the magic of Library Thing. You can easily change titles on your website without a big hassle.